Wednesday, May 23, 2012

His grace is sufficient for me

It has to be, otherwise there's no way I could survive the emotional roller coaster of adopting. Of course I KNOW in my head and believe that He is sovereign..so I understand that all the blips, disappointments, hurts and rejections all have a purpose. It's easy to see..it happened with my son. Before he came along there was a huge disappointment with a failed adoption placement but when he came I knew that he was the reason the first one didn't go through..because it was HE that was supposed to join our family. No doubt in my mind that he was the child God intended for us to have. Nonetheless it was still hard when we went through it. How could it not be?? So this time around, we have already had our hopes up and down once. A disappointment. But the Lord keeps whispering in my ear two things..His grace is sufficient for me and Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. So YES I trust him, but God never says we won't hurt. He just says trust Him. So of course I will and do hurt, but man do I trust Him. His grace is sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment